STR collects performance data from properties participating in their free Hotel Survey Program, including data on their rooms available, rooms sold, and room revenue. They aggregate this data, allowing them to report on market performance as a whole and more specialised groups.
In Australia, STR draws data from more than 1,600 properties. Worldwide, their network of participating accommodation providers is over 61,000.
STR is also responsible for the Australian Accommodation Monitor (AAM) program, which has replaced the Survey of Tourist Accommodation (STA).
Free Hotel Survey Program
STR’s free Hotel Survey Program allows you to submit your property’s data to a secure online portal. In return, you’ll receive customised, automated reports directly to your email inbox detailing your benchmarked position to your market and market class (similar rated properties).
Understanding the hard facts of how your property compares to your competitors in terms of occupancy, average rate, and RevPAR is an invaluable tool when making key strategic decisions.
Here’s a quick overview of the features offered by STR’s complimentary Hotel Survey Program:
- Receive bespoke benchmark reports that compare your performance to the local market, answering questions like, ‘Is my occupancy or average rate growing faster than others?’
- Access independent, confidential data that’s trusted across the world
- Simple, automated options to input your property’s performance (i.e. rooms sold and room revenue)
- Gain a clear understanding of your position in the local market to support revenue growth
- Support your local area by contributing to your region’s data sample, making it more robust for more informed decision-making around tourism
- It’s free
Each property’s information is confidential and held securely – all data reported is in an aggregated format. Data can be uploaded daily or monthly.
To find out more, read the FAQs here.
To enrol, complete the quick and easy online registration via this link: www.bit.ly/strenrol